It’s a no-brainer that a great set of photos make can make the difference between a customer choosing to click ‘Book’ or leaving the page.
Customers use our site because they are in the mood to book an exciting trip or an escape so it’s important that the visuals on your products reflect this. It’s not surprising that the most popular products on our site have strong visuals.
Studies indicate that ‘70% of customers rely on photos’ to learn about a holiday. User testing that we’ve done have shown that it’s the first thing people look for when browsing their options and good images keep users far more engaged and encourage them to read more and enquire.
As a minimum, if your products are accommodation-based they should:
- Always include images of the outside the accommodation (covered in snow if it’s a ski product, and doused in sun for summer products)
- Always include all rooms and bedrooms in the property
- Always include all major features (eg. hot tubs, details)
- Always include images of the service (eg. great pictures of your food)
- Always include floorplans
- Uploading fewer than 5 images
- Stretched or blurry images
- Using stock imagery
How to check and change your photos
Head to your Products page in Manager and click ‘edit’. This will take you to a page where you can upload new photos and re-arrange them.
Scroll down the page and click Add Images. You can then bulk drag and drop your files in.
In terms of order, we suggest putting your very best one first, followed by living rooms, any special features, then bedrooms, food and floorplans at the end.
Want new photos taken?
We’ve recently sent our resident photographer to some ski chalets with some great results.
Let us know if this is something you’d be interested in having new photos taken of your chalet and we can help arrange this.
If you have any questions about anything please send them to email@example.com.