Magicshine UK is the first online retailer of Magicshine bike lights in the UK. Magicshine sell niche products for bikers, runners and divers as well as for other outdoor sports and activities.
Mountain bike night riding is exhilarating, a great way to keep fit and fantastic fun! It can of course also be dangerous but there are easy steps we can all take to avoid accidents and ensure a safe return home.
1) Make sure you and your bike are up to it. Check tyre condition and pressures before you set off. Take a puncture repair kit or better still, a spare inner tube, just to make sure. Fixing a puncture whilst night riding can be annoying! Its also important to consider, are you up to the level of fitness for your chosen route?
2) Tell someone where youre going and give them an approximate time of return. If weather conditions deteriorate whilst your night riding, you dont want to be stuck on a mountain face with a reduced chance of an early recue.
3) Bring a fully charged phone with you. Consider two-way radio sets with hands free voice microphones. This means you can communicate with other riders all at the same time.
4) Check your bike lights. High power LED lights are available at great prices today check the internet. Theyre also re-chargeable so you dont have to fork out for regular battery replacements. Make sure yours are charged before you set off night riding! When shopping for your light, choose the one for your type of riding. There are various long distance beam lights available but if the trails you ride are particularly rough, you may also want to consider a light that offers a decent beam spread as well as distance.
5) If youre on a long night ride, ensure you have some form of sustenance in the form of an energy drink and bars/gels to get you to the end.
Finally, make sure you know a good pub at the end of your ride and some money to pay for a drink. Make sure the pub has somewhere safe to leave your bike and enjoy the rest of the evening youve earned it!
If you’re in to your mountain biking, why not check out ourmorzine mountain bike holidays page?